Thursday, September 10, 2009

And lastly a collection of ATCs & a couple of cards, done for both challenges & swaps.

Some scrap pages, some done for AC4U ANSD & some for challenges.

Here are a few more cards I have made recently, both lots done with distress inks. I cut the black cardstock background lace on my PI & the butterflies are from Crafty Individuals.

Monday, August 31, 2009

Since I blogged last I have been busy beading & jewellery making, so I thought I would post a few of the things I have made, both jewellery & cards.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

And here are a few of the cards & ATCs I have made recently, lots more where this came from too.

Wow it has been so long since i updated my blog, I can't even remember what I've done & havent done in the mean time. One thing I have done (& I remember!) is getting addicted to beading - much to the horror of my long suffering husband (& our bank account!). I have made quite a few things now, here are just a couple of photos of the first ones I made, more to come when I can get some photos!

Sunday, May 3, 2009

3 More Cards Today

Here are 3 more cards I made today using my new Crafty Individuals stash. They were made for a challenge on Allcraftz .

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Well, we are back from our holiday to the UK & I have to say 8 weeks is far too long to go without scrapping! So now that I am home I have been playing again & have come up with these items.

Firstly is an ATC that I made for Linda from AC4U for a swap. The swap was that everyone picks a theme (Linda's theme was Places/Stamps) & sent it on a circular path - so Linda sent me 8 ATC blanks, I created one & sent it & the rest of the blanks along to the next person on the list. Since we had just been to Paris for the second time on our recent holiday, I decided to base my ATC on Paris & I used stamps & images that I bought from Crafty Individuals while I was in the UK. So here is the completed ATC I hope she likes it!

Next is a small mini book that I made for my friend Red as a "thank you" for her letting me borrow a set of her stamps. The general idea came from a class at my LSS, I used some left over Kaisercraft paper on it & finished it off with a silver dragonfly.

Lastly I was sitting there looking at the left over Kaisercraft paper & I thought I would use it to create a card. At our monthly cutters group meeting Lorraine very kindly gave us all a bag of precut cardboard hearts & our challenge was to use them on a project that we are to take in to our next meeting. So this is my completed card, thank you to my friend Marnie whos card she sent me gave me the inspiration to make this. Also, rather apt I thought, the background purple card that has been cuttlebugged was done one morning when I went to visit Lorraine & she let me use her embossing folders. I think it turned out really nicely, I might have to make a few of them for upcoming birthdays!

Monday, February 2, 2009

OK, finally I have got a chance to sit down & post the pics & directions on how I made my wedding memorabillia box. For anyone who hasnt seen it, this is it finished - the front & the inside view.

I started out with a piece of cardboard - Im not even quite sure where I got it from now, but it was packing inside a box that something came in at christmas time I'm sure.

I then cut off pieces from the end & stuck them together with some cardstock to make a cardboard "frame" that would eventually become the recessed section of the box which I then stuck to the cardboard.

Next I started covering it all with torn tissue paper & watered down PVA glue, I love the effect that the torn tissue paper gives, I use it alot . I make sure that I glue lots of pieces of tissue paper over the edges & joins which gives it plenty of strength.

Lots & lots of layers later, I let it dry overnight (some take longer, this cardboard dried fairly quickly) & the next day painted it with some acrylic paint & then with Twinkling H2Os & left it to dry completely.

Then I started with the paper, I glued a torn piece to the inside of the front cover & distressed it with paint. After it was dry I started to build a network of ribbons to make it into a noticeboard type area weaving them in between each other. Lastly I finished it off with some ribbon around the edge.

Next I took a piece of paper & glued it to the front of the box & distressed & then inked the edges with distress ink. I then added some rubons & mounted a wedding dress embellishment I had made with foam tape. Next I put some lace & diamontes across the corner & added a flower I distressed with ink & a heart made with a mould & Delight & painted with my gold Krylon pen on the corner. Lastly I coloured a key made from a mould & Delight again with the gold Krylon & that completed the front.

The inside of the box I covered with a textured stuff like mulberry paper with gold flecks in it. Then I glued a couple of pieces of the lace i had on my wedding dress to the inside, ppopped an Order of Service inside & put material from my dress & the hair garland I wore that day in on top.

Lastly I made a tag & printed on it the words that we said when we exchanged rings (my DH wrote those words, in fact he wrote 90% of our marriage ceremony :) ), stamped it with my script stamp (thank you Sharon!) & distressed the edges & tucked it along with a left over place card & a pic of us into the noticeboard.

So there you have it, if you have lasted this long you deserve a medal & a pat on the back, hope you enjoyed watching how it was all created.